Uploadvr, march 2016 - PRESENT
As the Games Editor, I am in charge of coordinating and spearheading all of the sites video game focused content. This includes:
- Coordinating all gaming coverage,
- Writing, editing, and producing content for the website,
- Organizing event coverage,
- Maintaining relationships with PR, developers, and publishers,
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and developments,
- Managing Staff Writers and Freelance Writers,
Associate Technical Writer
Workday, November 2015 - march 2016
- Synthesizing complex materials and writing easy-to-understand content for audiences.
- Working closely with development, customer support, product management, and various other teams to develop high-quality documentation for a targeted audience.
- Drafting, editing, and publishing content for release notes on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining content for multiple products simultaneously, learning the Workday products, and working as an integral part of the Release Notes team.
- Preparing content for online delivery.
Lead Content Development Writer
Guidespark, May 2014 - present
- Established self as go-to writer on every customer and became the preferred writer for all project managers across departments
- Led training of all new writers at the company across multiple locations
- Worked with brands such as Boeing, Bank of America, PepsiCo, Facebook, Morgan Stanley, Twitter, Riot Games, and more
- Authored engaging, conversational video scripts on HR communications and training topics
- Collaborated with designers and other writers to ensure highest quality videos
- Led multiple task forces to modernize, update, and improve workflows and processes
- Assessed and organized information, researching as necessary, and reworked content into a coherent, educational format
- Led storyboarding and brainstorm session to develop script narratives
- Incorporated customer feedback, edits, and stylistic concerns into revisions
- Assisted other writers on projects, taking on script edits, updates, or other tasks
- Adhered to customers’ brand and voice guidelines, following creative direction
- I was promoted from Associate Writer/Writing Specialist to a full Writer after just 4 months at the company (May 2014 - September 2014).
- Received a total of four performance-based raises and promotions in 18 months.
- Was selected as the only Writer from the company to attend the Engage 2015 Employee Engagement Conference.
Freelance Writer and Editor
Since april 2011
My freelance writing has recently been focused on video games, consumer technology, and geek culture. My coverage ranges from reviews, previews, and interviews, to feature stories, event coverage, podcasts, and editorials - as well as everything in between. I regularly contribute to sites like Playboy, Pixelkin, CGMag, MMORPG, and The Koalition. I currently operate as a Senior Editor with The Koalition and previously served as the interim Editor-in-Chief of PlayStation University. Here is a rundown of the outlets I've worked with so far:
- Paste Magazine
- The Koalition
- Digital Tribe Games
- CGMag (print and online)
- PlayStation University
- Memorable Moments Gifts
- Stealthy Box
- Gaming Dragons
- The Examiner
In addition to gaming topics, I have experience in general online content writing, blogging, article writing, research, SEO, copywriting, ebooks, and editing. Finally, I have a specific niche interest and knowledge base in start-up businesses and crafting business plans.
Business Plan Writer and Analyst
Plan-It Business, July 2013 - May 2014
I worked as a full-time, on-site business planning analyst, consultant and writer. My typical day-to-day operations consisted of helping clients write and plan out their businesses in terms of vision, operations, and even full financial projections. I also ran the company's blog and performed ancillary document design and graphics-based projects such as the creation of newsletters, promotional material, and investor presentations. Industries I worked with to develop business plans and other related content include:
- Startup companies in all industries
- Mobile applications,
- Independent video game startups,
- Large restaurants, food trucks, and small family food establishments,
- Brick-and-mortar manufacturing companies,
- Web-based product development companies,
- Most other business and industries.
Copywriter and editor
The Beryl Institute, February 2012 - november 2012
- Conducted full-edits of internal and external company communications including emails, website content, blogs, medical white papers and more
- Wrote content for website, blogs, emails, press releases, white papers and research reports
- Liaison with Communications Manager and company Vice Presidents for content planning and strategy on a weekly basis
- Performed internal report documentation and assisted in management of large conferences